Payroll & Human Resources Administrator
- Input, prepare and analyze payroll data into Computerease Accounting Software
- Transmit payroll to Paychex for processing and balance batches.
- Input new hires into payroll system.
- Process all employee payroll changes (status changes, direct deposits, W4, etc. Calculate and prepare manual checks as needed.
- Ensure that all garnishments and levies are done in accordance with the law.
- Solve internal problems concerning payroll, answer inquiries and enforce payroll policies.
- Create and/or run management reports off the payroll reporting program as needed.
- Maintain personnel information updated timely and accurately.
- Ensure employee deductions withheld from Computerease/Paychex for all health, dental and retirement contributions are accurate for the respective plans.
- Assign leave policies to new employees and maintain the leave policies for current employees in HR system. Makes corrections to the system when appropriate.
- Prepare weekly reports for distribution to project management.
- Respond to phone calls or emails from employees who have questions about benefits.
- Enroll new employees in benefit plans and provide benefits orientation.
- Organize benefit materials and prepare new hire packages.
- Distribute materials for benefit orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions.
- Assist in preparing materials and in presenting benefit plan changes to employees.
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding health plan coverage and address these issues with carriers.
- Respond to employee inquiries about time off policies.
- Issue annual individual summary of benefits to employees.
- Maintain employee benefit files and update payroll records.
- Act as the go-between with the insurance carriers or brokers to assist with escalated health benefits issues.
- Review billing from benefit providers for accuracy
- Administer 401(k) enrollments, loans, rollovers and changes.
- Maintain 401 (k) online portal.
- Coordinate and participate in the 401 (k) audit process.
- Timely terminate enrollments and notify third party vendor.
- Receive COBRA continuant monthly premiums and submit it to Accounting for processing.
- Assist with benefits issues for COBRA continuants.
- Ensure that participants are paying on a timely basis and that the COBRA benefit does not exceed the legally prescribed limits.
- Ensure COBRA continuants are notified of Open Enrollment processes and their continuation or termination as COBRA participants.
- Onboarding of all applicants
- Posting of all jobs, reviewing incoming applications, forwarding potential applicants to management
- Respond to inquiries from the Department of Labor (i.e. Unemployment ).
- Maintain employee files (electronic and paper).
- Assist with recruiting efforts including attending job fairs as necessary
- Monthly labor reporting for federal contracts
- Maintenance of annual Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) records and coordinate annual plan summary updates
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business and / or Accounting.
- Working knowledge of Paychex
- Computerase or similar ERP software
- Exposure to Human Resources function.
- Thorough knowledge of laws and regulations regarding payroll processing.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Thorough understanding of benefits, including 401k administration preferred.
- Multi state payroll experience required
- Manage multiple activities simultaneously and independently, ability to be flexible and switch focus as needed.
- Capability of effective planning and priority setting.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (ensure that the information is presented clearly, concisely, correctly, completely and courteously).
- Exceptional customer service and people skills.
- Plan and execute tasks effectively under strict time constraints.
- Work well under pressure.
- Team player.
- Highly professional and discreet.
- Represent HR at various levels.
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels. Excellent time management skills.
Interested? Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
Metro Walls is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to hire, train, promote, and otherwise provide terms and conditions of employment without regard to regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, military obligation, disability or veteran status. All employment decisions are based solely on valid requirements, in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Metro Walls will not discharge, or otherwise discriminate against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants. https://www.dol.gov/regs/compliance/posters/eeopost.pdf